Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/kurniady/kurniady.net/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 74
Warning: Illegal string offset 'before_widget' in /home/kurniady/kurniady.net/wp-content/plugins/mycustomwidget/my_custom_widget.php on line 812
Warning: Illegal string offset 'after_widget' in /home/kurniady/kurniady.net/wp-content/plugins/mycustomwidget/my_custom_widget.php on line 813
Warning: Illegal string offset 'before_title' in /home/kurniady/kurniady.net/wp-content/plugins/mycustomwidget/my_custom_widget.php on line 814
Warning: Illegal string offset 'after_title' in /home/kurniady/kurniady.net/wp-content/plugins/mycustomwidget/my_custom_widget.php on line 815
Deprecated: Function eregi_replace() is deprecated in /home/kurniady/kurniady.net/wp-content/plugins/mycustomwidget/my_custom_widget.php on line 1081
The 32nd ACM ICPC World Finals was held in April 6 until 9, 2008 in Banff Springs, Alberta, Canada. Top 100 teams out of 6700 teams participating in the regionals were invited to attend the competition, which was held in the Fairmont Banff Springs hotel, located in the town of Banff, which is located in Banff National Park - the biggest national park in Canada located in the state of Alberta. Last year, the event was held in Tokyo, Japan.
This is the fourth time our university (Bina Nusantara University) participated in the ACM ICPC World Finals, and my second (and therefore, last) world finals. This time, our team consist of myself, Timotius Sakti, and Kenny Hartono, along with Ms. Henny Suryaningsih as our coach. We were awarded a wildcard because we got the fourth place in Taipei site. Because in this year BiNus will also organize an ACM ICPC Asian Regional Contest in Jakarta, Mr. Sablin Yusuf and Ms. Yenlina Prasetio also came with us to Banff, to attend the Regional Contest Directors meeting as RCD and vice RCD.
This event for me is a very long and interesting story, since so many things happened along the way and as usual, the World Finals was an amazing event. The stories will be posted in a chronological order :
- Day 1 (April 5th) - Departure from Jakarta and Transit in Vancouver
- Day 2 (April 6th) - A Visit to Lake Louise and Registration
- Day 3 (April 7th) - IBM TechTrek and Excursion to Columbia Icefields
- Day 4 (April 8th) - Opening Ceremony, Practice Session, Gondola Ride, and Downtown Banff
- Day 5 (April 9th) - ACM ICPC World Finals, Awards, and Celebration
- Day 6 (April 10th) - Snow Storm in Calgary, Lost in Vancouver
- Day 7 (April 11th) - Tour of Downtown Vancouver
- Day 8 (April 12th) - Departure from Vancouver
- Day 9 (April 13th) - Transit in Seoul, arrival in Singapore
- Day 10 (April 14th) - Short Visit to Downtown Singapore, Return to Jakarta
During the 10 days, I took a few more than 2000 photos and we taped nearly 10 hours (10 miniDVs) of video. Photos attached to the stories are copyrighted and as usual, you may contact me if you need to reproduce (copy) or use it for other purposes.